Lauren Tessier, N.D., discussed topics related to treating mold-related illness in a Better Health Guy interview called “Beyond the Mold.”
From the interview:
- What are some of the environmental factors that may predispose an environment to water-damage and the potential for mold illness?
- What are some of the illness-creating substances that are found in a water-damaged building?
- What are common symptoms of CIRS?
- Are there basic screening tests that can be performed of an environment before investing in an IEP?
- How important are the HLA haplotypes in CIRS?
- Is there clinical value in urinary mycotoxin testing?
- Can molds encountered in a water-damaged building lead to colonization within the body?
- When considering binders, what is absorption vs. adsorbtion?
- Why is bile flow important and how might it be supported?
- What options might help reducing inflammation in those with CIRS?
- Are there downsides of exogenous glutathione supplementation?
- How important is eradicating MARCoNS in CIRS?
- How might VIP and Synapsin be helpful in those with CIRS?
- What triggers Mast Cell Activation Syndrome (MCAS) and how might it be addressed?
- When someone feels significantly worse, what rescue items might help to move through a detox or Herxheimer reaction?
- Is there a role for limbic system retraining in CIRS?
The interview is available in podcast as well as video formats.
Links on this page are in orange (no underlining).