Following is the text of the Mold Avoiders Participant Application.
More information about Mold Avoiders is available in a Paradigm Change blog article.
Mold Avoiders is a discussion forum designed to serve the needs of those who are currently pursuing or who intend to try pursuing the approach to mold avoidance described in the book A Beginner’s Guide to Mold Avoidance.
It is presented by Paradigm Change and Rabbit Hole.
The address for the Mold Avoiders forum is as follows:
Information about Mold Avoiders is summarized in the following article:
Those interested in participating in the forum need to first read that article and follow its instructions. They then may apply to participate by filling out the brief questionnaire on the following pages.
The questionnaire may be read in advance at this link.
Thanks very much for your interest in Mold Avoiders!
Lisa Petrison, Ph.D.
Paradigm Change/Mold Avoiders
info at paradigmchange.me
Please note that I will contact you via email in response to your request to participate in the forum.
The questions on this page are related to required reading for participation in the Mold Avoiders forum.
Information on how to obtain A Beginner’s Guide to Mold Avoidance and Erik on Avoidance can be found here:
Here are the links for the other resources mentioned on this page.
Paradigm Change website:
Paradigm Change blog:
Living Clean in a Dirty World blog:
8. (Required) Have you started looking at the book Erik on Avoidance?
9. (Required) Have you spent time looking at the Paradigm Change website, the Paradigm Change blog, and the Living Clean in a Dirty World blog?
Please note that having spent some time looking at these resources is required for participation in the Mold Avoiders forum.
11. (Required) Do you agree to do your best to follow the forum rules?
Please note that agreeing to do your best to follow the rules is a requirement for participation in the forum.
12. If you have questions or concerns about the Mold Avoiders rules, please write them here. You may write or paste as much as you like in this box.
13. (Required) Are you currently selling or do you have plans to sell any products or services of potential relevance to those with mold-related illness?
Do you anticipate bringing up these products or services in the Mold Avoiders forum, if so?
Note that while it is not forbidden for individuals to bring up products or services that they are selling in the Mold Avoiders forum, they must be very careful to follow the forum rules on this topic when doing so.
* No, I am not currently selling or planning to sell products or services meeting this description.
14. If your answer to the previous question was yes, please provide details on the products or services that you are selling or planning to sell.
The questions on this page request information on the extent to which you already have pursued mold avoidance and on health improvements that you may have experienced since starting avoidance. This information will allow me to better understand your particular situation, which may be helpful in responding to questions or making suggestions.
In addition, answers to these questions are relevant since advice-giving on mold avoidance topics in the Mold Avoiders forum is limited to those who have experience with the approach described in the book A Beginner’s Guide to Mold Avoidance or who have achieved substantial improvements subsequent to starting mold avoidance of any type.
15. Have you already started avoiding mold?
* Yes, I have been avoiding mold to at least some extent for a while now.
* Yes, I have just gotten started avoiding mold recently.
* No, I have not yet started avoiding mold.
16. Which of the following mold avoidance activities have you done so far?
* I remediated a home with a toxic mold problem.
* I moved out of a home with a toxic mold problem.
* I stopped working or going to school in a building with a toxic mold problem.
* I moved from a location that I knew or suspected had problematic toxins in the outdoor air to a location that seemed like it might be better for me.
* I went on an avoidance sabbatical away from my usual home and possessions.
* When moving from a home with a toxic mold problem, I disposed of some of my possessions.
* When moving from a home with a toxic mold problem, I disposed of all (or almost all) of my possessions.
* I had an ERMI or HERTSMI-2 done on my home.
* I have tried to stay out of moldy buildings.
* I have used my own reactions to determine whether I was being exposed to mold toxins that might be harmful to me.
* I have routinely showered and changed clothes as soon as possible after exposures to problematic mold toxins.
* I have spent time in pristine places in order to get clear of toxic exposures.
* I have been known to shift locations in order to avoid plumes of toxins in the outside air.
* I have gone camping in order to reduce my exposure to mold toxins.
* I have lived in a tent or RV for more than a few weeks in order to reduce my exposure to mold toxins.
* None of the above
17. How good are you at immediately sensing or guessing whether you are currently being exposed to environmental mold toxins that will turn out to be a problem for you?
* Extremely good
* Very good
* Fairly good
* Not that great
* Not able to do that at all
* I’m not sure
18. All in all, has your health improved since you began avoiding mold?
* Yes, it has improved a great deal.
* Yes, it has improved somewhat.
* No, it has remained about the same.
* No, it has gotten worse.
* I’m not sure.
19. If you have learned about mold avoidance in an in-depth way from someone else, please feel free to share the name of that person here. You may write or paste as much as you like in this box.
20. If you would like to share more information about your mold avoidance experiences thus far, please feel free to do so here. You may write or paste as much as you like in this box.
Questions & Comments
21. If you have any other comments that you would like to share or questions that you would like to ask, please feel free to do so here. You may write or paste as much as you like in this box.
Note that this is the last question. You will not be able to go back and change answers after clicking “Submit” at the bottom of the page.
Thank you for applying to participate in the Mold Avoiders forum. I will send my response to the email address you provided at the beginning of this questionnaire.
If you want to get in touch with me, please do so by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org
I’m looking forward to your participation in the forum!
Lisa Petrison, Ph.D.
Paradigm Change/Mold Avoiders
Links on this page are in orange (no underlining).